Or basement in my case…
The biggest myth about working out from home is that you need a TON of stuff. Honestly you don’t need anything and could work out in your pjs if you wanted (one of the benefits of forgoing that drive to the gym), but I like to keep a little space in my basement to keep me motivated and this is some of the gear/setup that has helped me! And gets me excited to get up in the morning!
AND, as a bonus, in case you missed it…I did something I NEVER have done before this week!
I opened up a FREE 5 day workshop to try all my meal plans/nutrition and workouts free! Just jump on in and I’ll help you get setup. We start Monday and you can try out your new setup (inspired by the gear below), try the workouts and then celebrate with a muffin! (or you breakfast / meal plan of choice!)! So fun right? You can even celebrate your success with a glass of wine (or new leggings) at the end of the week! You knew leggings were going to come up right?!?!! Some of my favs are below!
I hope this inspires you a little more this week! Hit reply and let me know what you think!
1. I print out my workout plan for the month and hang it on the wall with some sort of motivational saying or goal. That way I don’t have to think at 5am! I read it, press play and go! (You can try some workouts that I love here!)
2. I always have a motivational playlist going! I even have a fun name for it! Currently streaming “mogul” thanks to some Rachel Hollis motivation! These are on my wish list! But for now I just play it right off this tiny wireless speaker!
3. I do Yoga on Sunday mornings and sometimes Pilates during the week (when you have the Netflix of workouts to choose from there is never a dull moment) and for those I need a Yoga Mat. If you wore shoes, you could go without. I personally like the thicker ones that I can take to a hot yoga class. This one is my favorite!
4. When clients ask if they need weights, loops are always a good option because they travel well and allow you to modify more. These are super cheap and have held up for me over the years.
5. I get all my weights from Play it Again sports.They are about 10% cheaper and the same quality as online. If you really wanted to invest in various options, these would be my recommendation! They are also on my wish list! When I started working out from home I just used 3lb, 5lb and 8lb weights. Now I have added, 10lb, 12lb, 15lb and 20lb and haven’t need anymore. My point is between the bands (#4) and a few weights you don’t need all of these to get started. Just use what you have and see what you like!
6. Headbands! These save my hair in the mornings! (That and dry shampoo!) They are so cute you can wear them outside the gym too!
7. I use a pre-workout every morning and keep an extra stash of this downstairs in case I need an extra boost. I don’t know how I would get through my workout without it!
8. After my workout I write down my gratitude and affirmations for the day! I use the Rachel Hollis journal but also love this one too! I also have a white board where I sometimes write down thoughts while I workout. It is kind of my “idea” board or a place to just write something motivating!
RECENT PURCHASES + WISH LIST
CURRENTLY LISTENING + READING + WORKING OUT
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: The Angie Lee Show Podcast
CURRENT WORKOUT: 21 Day Fix! It’s Back! | And I am kicking off a FREE Workshop next week where you can do it FREE! Join me here!
HELPFUL TOOLS | BLOG POSTS