This whole capsule wardrobe is NEW to me, but I have wanted to do it for a LONG time. And I didn’t want to spend a lot of money. So my go to stores were Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy, and Amazon of all places! Oh and Target! (My favorite!) But you ask, why a capsule wardrobe?
- It keeps me motivated to take care of myself.
- It stops spuratic purchases when all the sales it the stores.
- I actually wear what is in my closet and love what I am wearing. I feel good! And confident!
After losing 10lbs and almost 15 inches, on my 8 week bootcamp program, I decided it was time! So I took the following simple steps to build my wardrobe this fall. (My favorite season!)
- Shop your closet first.
- Save a space / rack for all your capsule. Look there first when looking for an outfit. I just cleared a rack for “fall”.
- Focus on basic colors with a pop of color. Part of wearing a capsule is repeating things. A lot. But it doesn’t mean you can’t have fun!
- Make your closet fun to shop! (i.e. clean, bright light, easy to find things!) I even put a rug in front of my mirror with new lights so it was bright like a department store! It sounds crazy but it is now one of my favorite places!
You can download my full list of capsule items and my tips to print out for yourself here!
Here are are some of my FAVORITE items! These are from Amazon (hello Prime Fashion) but I also have all my daily outfits and my closet here! Happy shopping!
Let me know how it goes!