With the start of SPRING! (finallllyyyy!) I thought it would he fun to chat about motivation this week. And REALLY think about what motivates you. Because here is the thing. If you want to lose 20lbs lets say, and your motivation is just that. To lose 20lbs. What if you are having a bad day and on the day when your work is serving warm chocolate chip cookies (this may or may not have happened in real life), you are like, nope I don’t want to lose 20lbs today. The cookie sounds great.
It’s gotta be stronger to stick!
Here are a few of my motivating statements….
- I want to be an extraordinary wife and mom (i.e. I need the energy to keep up and in the cookie example I would want to take a nap afterwards and feel like crap!!)
- I rock abs at 40! (I got 1 showing after my last 8 week program, working on the others!! lol!)
- I have an amazing closet and feel awesome in my black leather leggings! Own it!
See how specific those are?And yes, I am very motivated by clothes. And NEW routines. (I like to change things up!) So I thought this week I would share some of those items that inspire me!
Try it! What are your motivating statements? What is your why? Email me and share! Or better yet, I’ll help you come up with yours!
But now for some fun. Let’s chat about how to stay motivated!
SPRING CAPSULE IDEAS (Motivation #1)
If you have been following along, you know I love a good capsule wardrobe because it makes my morning routine sooo easy. And because one of my big motivators is feeling good in cute clothes, here are some items I have added to my spring collection!
Apparently I am on a neutral kick, but these booties are too cute with dresses and even jean shorts! And the purse is a cross body bag that can be used all summer. (Perfect to stuff toddler snacks in too!). Finally the necklace is a Target find at under $15. How’s that for motivating!
I am a HUGE Old Navy fan when it comes to jeans because it allows you to splurge on so many colors. The best part. The jeans show here (on the left) are “jeggings”, as in have an elastic waist band. You are welcome.
I loved some of these flower themes to get into the spring spirit! You can pair with a jean jacket (hello Amazon!), or even black pants (currently 40% off) for work! The sandals would be super cute with the dress as well, or the booties above!
You knew I couldn’t send an email without the mention of leggings right? The black leggings on the left are hands down the best leggings I own. With a close follow to the middle ones. (The middle ones come in pink too! Super fun!) Both at price point that will afford you EXTRA motivation! I mean how good does it feel in the morning to put on leggings that make you feel like a million bucks. I am telling you. The best way to start the day!
NEW ROUTINE (Motivation #2)
The other thing that motivates me is a change in routine. I am always doing a different workout program (usually 6-8 weeks long each) and changing up my nutrition so I don’t get bored! I recently became certified (well almost, have to take the test this weekend!) in a portion control nutrition program that will allow me to share even more about what I am eating and how I control my cravings! I can’t wait to show you guys some of these recipes.
In the meantime….Need a change in routine? Here are some tips!
- Try eating breakfast before you workout
- Make your protein smoothie in the afternoon for a snack as ice cream instead of breakfast
- Get your family involved in cooking
- Try new vegetables that are starting to be in season! (Hello clementines are SOOOO good)
- Try a new nutrition plan! (I am learning about macros and carb cycling and will be sharing more meal plans associated with this soon!)
- Read 10 minutes when you first wake up!
- Write down 3 things you are grateful for! Try it before you start your day AND before you go to bed! Remember, you can’t be anxious and grateful at the same time! 🙂
CURRENTLY LISTENING + READING + WORKING OUT
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: I am loving Jenna Kutcher this week! She is such an inspiration!
CURRENTLY READING: Girl Stop Apologizing! OF COURSE! Almost done with it!
CURRENT WORKOUT: 21 Day Fix! It’s Back! | Brand new accountability group starts April 8th!! | JOIN ME!
HELPFUL TOOLS | BLOG POSTS