I am writing this from my desk at 4:30am this am because I couldn’t sleep and then after fitting in a quick workout my whole family decided to get up an hour early. So we are all writing this this am! 🙂
One of the top questions I got last week over on the gram was on the topic of getting through the holidays and how to make a schedule that works.
My #1 resource that has helped me the MOST is my AM routine (which you can download here including all the steps I took, books I read, breakfast I make etc.)
But I just finished “How to get Shit Done” by Erin Falconer and though I would share my top 3 takeaways in hopes that it helps you a little more this week too!
1) Stop saying “sorry”. This sounds silly at first, but I dare you to write down how many times a day you say “sorry”. Let’s cut that down to none!
2) Outsource. And this is not what you think! It is about how you can use your time more wisely. Maybe it is having your groceries delivered (so worth the $4!), having your dry cleaning picked up from your house, hiring that cleaning lady even if it is once a month, trading babysitting with a friend so you can have a date night or maybe just walk around Target by yourself (oh wait, that is my dream!). You get the idea. Outsourcing can even be using an app to track your time. Finding an app to better help you schedule or just finding more efficient ways of doing things. A few apps we love as a family are…
– COZI (Schedule on steroids that helps you make lists you can share across accounts)
– GOOGLE CALENDAR (We have a shared family one that syncs up all our activites)
– HEADSPACE (I use this to meditate. It walks me through 3-4 minute sessions daily and helps me focus!)
– STITCHFIX (I get their quarterly shipments to build my capsule wardrobe and use their blog as inspiration!)
3) Align your goals. What if all your goals fit into 3 categories?
– CAREER GOALS
– PERSONAL GOALS
– RELATIONSHIP GOALS
Now what if everything you said “YES” to had to fit in those categories? And everything else you said, “not right now”. Pretty amazing when you put it into practice!
I hope you have an amazing Monday! And if you like these sort of updates, hit REPLY and let me know! We are kicking off this month’s book in our accountability group TODAY! The Joy of Missing Out. Just in time for the holidays! JOIN US!