Happy Halloween week!!! 🎃 If you have been following along you know that in the last 6 months I’ve lost almost 25lbs and typically this week is the week when me along with every other American starts the Holiday eating season. Where one Reese Peanut Butter cup turns into 10lbs by Christmas and then you have to start all over in January!
I wanted to share what I am doing this week to stay on track! And some of my favorite recipes to share! Because I don’t know about you but when it gets cool out, I just want to put on my leggings and bake all the things!
1) Buy candy you don’t like! I know, this is hard, but our house if full of starburst, smarties and super sour patch kids because I won’t eat it. We also did not purchase ANY until yesterday. So it won’t be here for long!
2) Make yourself a treat on the night / days you are celebrating so that you don’t feel deprived. I got myself a HALO top ice cream for this week which I have no shame about eating the whole thing! They even have “dairy free” options now and a yummy pumpkin spice version.
3) One bite to taste. I learned this from the 2B mindset nutrition program. If you really want something, like that yummy oreo mud cake, then take a bite. I really good bite. Enjoy it. And then walk away. Don’t deprive yourself! 👻
4) Amp up your cardio! In just 25 minutes you can burn almost 300 calories! And don’t worry. I got you here. Try the NEW cardio program that my team is LOVING here. FREE! (Just hit play!) Rock out this 20 minute workout in the morning so you can enjoy your evening festivities!
5) Celebrate without food! I just picked up this cute leopard cardigan to rock this week with a festive dollar store pumpkin headband for work. All things fall, without the calories!
6) Remember, protein keeps you full! Add in some extra servings so you aren’t craving sugar all day! Try a some yogurt with PB, or fruit with a protein bar. That way you get some sweet mixed in with healthy!
Instead of going for that handful of candy. Try these yummy recipes to curb your cravings!
APPLE CARROT SUPERHERO MUFFINS (Get a whole serving of carrots plus add in granny smith apples for a sweet taste!)
MAKE YOUR OWN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS (with a full serving of protein!)
(Since I gave up dairy for the #last90days, these were perfect!)
CANDY CORN CUPS! (Just layer pineapple + oranges and top with your favorite whipped cream!)
NO BEAN SWEET POTATO CHILI (I make this everyone Halloween night so we have an easy dinner while trick or treating! This year I added squash. So good!)
If you don’t read anything. Know this. The longer you wait to make smart decisions about nutrition and creating a healthy lifestyle, the harder it gets. Nothing magical happens after January 1. It’s Super Bowl parties and Valentine’s Day candy. Start now. Thank yourself later. One decision, one day at a time!
p.s. Ready to end the year stronger than ever? Join the HOLIDAY SHIFT group where my team and I help you get through the holidays healthy and fit! (Try it here FREE!!!)